On October 23, Google announced it had successfully tested the quantum computer it had been creating. Google said their machine was able to finish a computational task in just 200 seconds — and that the world’s most powerful supercomputers would need 10,000 years to accomplish the same task. From this event in history, start your stopwatch.
In only six to eight years from now, society will be radically disrupted:
- There will be 20%- 40% unemployment for blue-collar and white-collar workers. (Yes, even professionals with university degrees and decades of career experience will be out of work).
- Universal Basic Income will be implemented so that society does not devolve into chaos. (This is a concept that major tech moguls are currently proposing, which will become a future necessity).
- U.S. Education will have collapsed because educators and administrators will have no solutions for how to transition an entire education system from being outdated to being relevant. (There will be many education experiments trying to evolve the curriculum but most will fail).
- The majority of universities will go bankrupt because the high school students will no longer be there to feed into them, four-year degrees will be immaterial and government grants will dry up. (The strongest universities will still survive as shadows of their former selves, using only a small fraction of their original campus and resources).
But it is not the quantum computer, in-of-itself, which is going to cause this radical disruption. It will be the combined technology of quantum computing, AI and big data. This Technology Triad will be integrated within cloud-based apps, whose use will scale very quickly throughout the world.
These Technology Triad Apps (TTA) will be:
- Geared to replace human labor in different fields from engineering, medicine, journalism, legal, finance, coding, tech support, administrative assistant, data analytics, science, art, music and dozens more fields.
- Used like advanced software wizards in navigating everything from complex IT systems to the millions of current and proposed ordinances and laws at all levels of government bureaucracies.
- Available to custom configure, like macros, through cloud based APIs by anyone for any type of use. These customized TTA can be proprietary and/or created to be leased to the public through app store platforms.
- The central customized brains for thousands of different types of robotic automation, which will be used by companies for everything from fast food service to aerospace construction. The TTA will then enable robotic automation to hyper-evolve into becoming Responsive Robotics due to the Technology Triad’s AI integrated proficiency for machine learning from billions of daily robotic interactions.
This will be a new TTA ecosystem, which will broaden into a revolution that will be exponentially more disruptive than the industrial revolution. Google and Microsoft will start this process. Both corporations have the individual technologies required and will find a way to integrate them into the Technology Triad to create the first basic apps. Then they will monetize the apps with per-minute/hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly subscription services. Other technology corporations will then follow this path by developing their own Technology Triad along with competing apps. The competition will accelerate the advancement of the TTA quality, delivery and use within society. At the same time, the individual technologies will be advancing as well. Quantum computing will do more complex tasks. The current linear AI will be developed into a more advanced Self-Aware AI. Big data will continue to increase its data storage capacity and access to hundreds of additional sources that include aerial, geolocation, medical, financial, consumer, statistical, scientific and legal information.
The commercial space will thrive in the TTA revolution. Major corporations, with their established advantages, will start to operate much leaner and quickly become more profitable. There will also be new potential for startups in all fields, not just tech, to exponentially grow like never before. While competition will significantly increase on a global level, so will the commercial opportunities as the era of mass production will be ending and the era of mass customization will begin. In turn, the era of human labor will also be ending and the era of human creativity will begin. In this new era, a consensus will start developing in recognizing the unique attributes of emotion and intuition, the core foundation of creativity, as the main human advantages over the TTA. At that point the hard skills, which dictated human success for thousands of years, will become obsolete without humans also having the skill of creativity. That means, to be relevant, humans will have to bring something new and creative to their work every single day by using the TTA as tools. The humans that cannot successfully develop the skill of creativity will become unemployable.
This new reality will radically disrupt all levels of education, where memorization and recitation has been the valued and rewarded skill. Consequently, parents and students will start rejecting the obsolete U.S. Education curriculum that cannot teach the skill of creativity. At that point, U.S. Education will quickly collapse followed by the university systems it was feeding into. But as corporations start needing more humans with the skill of creativity, they will recognize that a growing and sustainable U.S. economy is completely hinged to the success of U.S. Education. Only then will the combined focus of government and corporate attention, in their-own self-interest, turn to U.S. Education. Tremendous resources will be invested into new education experiments. Many decades and generations of students will be lost until a final sustainable system emerges that will scale throughout all of U.S. Education.
The take-away from these future projections is that the TTA revolution is coming and nothing will stop it. As outlined, it will be very beneficial for corporations and radically disruptive to the all levels of education and the nations social fabric. But there is a two-part solution that can be implemented now to avoid the future disruption for education and society. The first part of the solution is offered at OIsource (oisource.com) in the form of training called the ITP, which stands for Innovative Thinking Process. The ITP teaches a breakthrough process for high-level problem solving and innovation by using human emotion and intuition as tools. In essence, it is training for the skill of creativity.
The second part of the solution is to implement an education curriculum that uses and amplifies the skill of creativity to its full capacity. This is accomplished by launching LED accelerator (createledaccelerator.com), a dual system within U.S. Education that will develop high-level creative thinkers and breakthrough innovators through a process. LED accelerator will be comprised of gifted, hyper competitive student teams within each school district that will continually adopt best practices and learning strategies. LED accelerator will provide the internally generated evidence-based data for educators and administrators to continually innovate the rest of U.S. Education. So the current process of relying on failed guesses of ‘education experts’ to originate future curriculum and doctrines will cease. In turn, the breakthrough innovators LED accelerator develops will become the future leaders in society, guiding the accelerated evolution of U.S. social, economic, government and military needs. LED accelerator will be empowered by the unique constitutional-based freedoms of American culture and will be the basis of American Exceptionalism to once again lead the world. The reason LED accelerator will be such a powerful system is that it is the final education experiment that would have eventually emerged to be sustainable and scalable throughout all of U.S. Education. It is a breakthrough innovation concept that is being unmasked ahead of its time for society to understand and use now.
But society has always through history been guided by Reactive human nature, which waits until the point-of-pain to deal with radical disruptions. The information outlined hereto about the solutions for the future disruptions gives society another option. Society can take Creative actions now, by using the ITP and launching LED accelerator to proactively engage their future rather than wait to be painfully disrupted by it.